Juice Technology AG, producer of electric charging stations and software and the market leader in mobile charging stations for electric cars, is working in collaboration with Athlon Germany GmbH, the leading provider of vehicle leasing and fleet management services, to develop special Fleet Set packages for fleet operators, and thereby support the trend to electrify vehicle fleets.
Juice and Athlon are together developing a range of equipment packages ideally geared to ensure vehicle fleet operators access to power sources for their electric vehicles at any time, and to help push the electrification of vehicle fleets. The TÜV-certified JUICE BOOSTER 2 is the only mobile charging station in the world that offers a charge power level of up to 22 kilowatts, meets the latest IEC 62752 standards, and enables single-, 2- or 3-phase charging of e-cars at a current of up to 32 amps. This mobile charger is reliable and safe, intuitive to operate, and ideally suited for use in any country.
“Our JUICE BOOSTER 2 is a mobile wallbox, a 3-in-1 solution that can cover any and all applications that electric charging demands: whether as a fixed-mounted wallbox, a mobile charging station, or as a Type-2 charging cable for recharging in public spaces,” says Christoph Erni, founder and CEO of Juice Technology AG. “The drive-over-resistant JUICE CONNECTOR plug specially developed for the Juice Booster 2 charger ensures easy, safe and reliable charging and, thanks to the fully automatic adaptor recognition function, the JUICE BOOSTER 2 regulates the maximum possible charge power all on its own. Juice charging equipment monitors all household plugs by means of a patented temperature sensor system – an essential safety feature for preventing overheating and thus any potential smouldering fires.”
The JUICE BOOSTER 2 is compatible with all electric cars equipped with a Type-2 or Type-1 charger connection. The integrated DC and AC fault (residual current) detection trips effectively at the specified value, eliminating the need for any additional, expensive residual-current circuit breaker in the feeder line. The five-metre-long cable and theft-proof lockable adapter lends e-car drivers flexibility as to where they park and their vehicle’s position for charging.
“We want to make the process of switching to electromobility as easy and convenient as possible for our customers. One major factor is having charging opportunities that are secure, reliable, economical and – most importantly – practical. The Juice Booster 2 offers optimum charging opportunities particularly for field service personnel, sales representatives and transport service-providers who, covering trans-regional deployment territories, usually do a lot of long-distance driving and are unable to recharge their vehicles every evening at home or at their company location. But, of course, all other drivers of electric vehicles also benefit from having a mobile charging station. With Juice Technology, we’ve found an innovative partner for equipping our customers in the best possible way,” explains André Girnus, CEO of Athlon Germany.
The Fleet Set specially assembled for Athlon contains, besides the mobile wallbox unit, a Schuko adapter plug for household power sockets, a CEE16 3-phase connector for industrial power sockets, and the Type-2 adapter for using the JUICE BOOSTER at public charging stations. Besides the Fleet Set, Athlon customers can now additionally choose between two different variants for their mobile charging station: the German Basic Set, and the Master Traveller Set.
The key benefits of JUICE BOOSTER 2 in a nutshell:
- Recharge your car from any power socket: With JUICE BOOSTER 2 and its range of adapters, you can connect your electric car to any standard household or industrial socket anywhere in the world.
- Automatic power detection: The charger always adjusts automatically to the optimum charging power, ruling out any overloading of power socket capacity.
- JUICE BOOSTER 2 is completely waterproof (IP 67) and can withstand being run over by a wheel load of up to three tonnes.
- JUICE CONNECTOR adapter plug: This connector is CE-compliant and designed to be able to accommodate functions introduced at some future date – Giving drivers the confidence that buying JUICE BOOSTER 2 and its adapters is a long-term investment.
- Tested by TÜV SÜD: JUICE BOOSTER 2 is the world’s first portable charging station in the 22 kW class to have been tested by TÜV SÜD for compliance with IEC 62752 Ed. 1 2016 including AMD1 2018.